2019 GLT Senior Series
Membership / Details / Schedule
2019 Senior Series Event Rates
2019 Senior Series Details
- Open to all golf professionals 45 years of age or older. A player turning 45 years of age during the season is not eligible for events until their official birth date
- Open to all amateur golfers 45 years of age or older with a handicap factor/index of 7.9 or less. Valid verification must be presented i.e. Golf Canada, USGA or PGA professional verification
- The Series will consist of (5) five 18 hole tournaments and (1) one 36 hole Series Championship
- All players will compete in the same field at each tournament for the same purse. The Low professional aged 55+ at each event will receive a bonus payout.
- There will be a season long Order of Merit competition for the Senior Series. Players will accumulate points at each event throughout the season. A minimum of 12 players will qualify for the GLT Senior Series Championship Sept 12-13, 2019 with each player that qualifies receiving bonus money.
- Tournaments will be conducted during the same day and will utilize the same set up as the regular Great Lakes Tour events.
- Senior Series events will be played from a separate tee with yardages (depending on course layout and conditions) varying from 6,200 to 6,600 yards
Great Lakes Tour Senior Series Mission
The mission of this series is to provide a competitive platform for players that still have the passion and drive to compete and fulfill their competitive goals. It's understood that professional and elite amateur golfers in this stage of their career have few options to compete against players of similar age and ability. The goal is to provide the atmosphere, course set up and experience that these individuals are accustomed to at tournaments. In the end, these members will be better prepared to excel at major competitions around the province and country.
2019 GLT Senior Series Schedule