2020 GLT Senior Series
Membership / Details / Schedule
2020 Senior Series Event Rates
2020 Senior Series Details
- Open to all golf professionals 45 years of age or older. A player turning 45 years of age during the season is not eligible for events until their official birth date
- Open to all amateur golfers 45 years of age or older with a handicap factor/index of 7.9 or less. Valid verification must be presented i.e. Golf Canada, USGA or a PGA professional verification
- PGA of Canada members are NOT required to purchase a membership but must fill out an official member registration form. All unattached professionals and amateurs are required to pay a membership or compete as non-members. (Non-members are not eligible for season long point race or opportunities available within the Senior Series Order of Merit)
- The Series will consist of (6) six 18 hole tournaments. All players will compete in the same field at each tournament for the same purse. There is no option to participate in both Senior and Regular GLT events when tournaments are contested on the same day.
- Field size maximum of 30 players on a first come first serve basis.
- Tee Times will be sent to players 24 to 48 hours prior to the tournament start time. Tee Times will commence between 7:30 am and 8:30 am.
- There will be a season long Order of Merit competition for the Senior Series. Players will accumulate points at each event throughout the season to determine the GLT Senior Series Champion. A minimum of the top 3 players on the final point standings will receive bonus prize money.
- Tournaments will be conducted during the same day as and will utilize the same set up as the regular Great Lakes Tour events.
- Senior Series events will be played from a separate tee with yardages (depending on course layout and conditions) varying from 6,200 to 6,600 yards
Great Lakes Tour Senior Series Mission
The mission of this series is to provide a competitive platform for players that still have the passion and drive to compete and fulfill their competitive goals. It's understood that professional and elite amateur golfers in this stage of their career have few options to compete against players of similar age and ability. The goal is to provide the atmosphere, course set up and experience that these individuals are accustomed to at tournaments. In the end, these members will be better prepared to excel at major competitions around the province and country.
2020 GLT Senior Series Schedule